Latest News

Holiday Schedule

City Offices will be closed on July 4th. No Rubbish/Yard Waste or Recycling on July 4th. Residential routes will be one day delayed. Fridays routes will be collected on Saturday, July 9th. Please have rubbish/yard waste & recycling out by 7:00 a.m.

Building and Development Office: 313-885-4285

The Building Department is responsible for ensuring the construction of residential and commercial structures are safe for all persons in the City of Grosse Pointe Farms community through enforcing compliance of the current codes. This is achieved by completing plans examination and conducting necessary inspections throughout the construction and occupancy process. 


Wonder what the Miss Dig flag colors mean?

Toll free call to 800-482-7171 or 811 reaches the MISS DIG System
Website - MISS DIG System

What/When do I need a permit?
Building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits are required for most remodeling and new projects, such as: additions, decks, sheds, garages, fencing, pools, furnaces, air conditioning units, hot tubs, water heaters, etc. Permit fees vary depending on the project and are issued by the Department of Public Service located at City Hall.


When do I need a Certificate of Occupancy?
A current Certificate of Occupancy is required when selling or renting a home in the Farms. Contact the Department of Public Service at 885-4285 for inspection details